Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense & Motion Control Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing has an immediate opening for a Manual Machinist.
Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Needs to have a good knowledge of cutting tools, (drills, endmill, Face Mill, )
- Be able to measure instruments (Micrometers, surface plate check, height indicators)
- Manual Machinist operator to cut, shape or form metal work pieces to specifications
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to set up instructions using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments such a rule and calipers.
- Assembles cutting tools n tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads control media, such as disk, tape, or punch card, in machine control console or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from data base.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operations to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in set p instructions. Measures work piece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators and gauges
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- May machine materials other than metal such as composites, plastic and rubber.
- May instruct other workers
- May use statistical process control techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read / interpret blueprints
- Experience using various mechanical inspection tools
- Understanding of CNC Programing and G&M Codes
- Knowledge of CNC equipment
- Knowledgeable with Word and Excel