Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense & Motion Control Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing has an immediate opening for a CNC Lathe/Mill Machinist.
The CNC Lathe/Mills Setup/Operator will work with our team of engineers and machinist to help produce a variety of products for industries including Aerospace, Defense, process control and other applications. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the organization assisting with manufacturing of products in an environment that is fast paced and dynamic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates numerical control machine to cut, shape or form metal work pieces to specifications
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to set up instructions using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments such a rule and calipers.
- Assembles cutting tools n tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads control media, such as disk, tape, or punch card, in machine control console or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from data base.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operations to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in set p instructions. Measures work piece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators and gauges
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- May adjust machine feed and speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions
- May machine materials other than metal such as composites, plastic and rubber.
- May instruct other workers
- May use statistical process control techniques
- Other duties as assigned
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- On-time delivery
- Production rates
- Essential Traits:
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read / interpret blueprints
- Experience using various mechanical inspection tools
- Understanding of CNC Programing and G&M Codes
- Knowledge of CNC equipment
- Knowledgeable with Word and Excel